Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 in Summary

Trying to get this post out before NYE but been procrastinating. Clearly resolutions I've made several years back did not stick so I've stopped making them for a couple of years already. This year passed in one fucking flash. I left for Sweden ON THIS DAY AT THIS TIME one year ago. I remember sitting in the hotel trying to pen my thoughts on what I want for 2014 (did NAHT get around to doing this) and now 2014 is over n done with. I swear, a year has never passed so fast for me before. This was definitely a year of extremities... From spending six months in Sweden (high) and travelling like mad to slogging to my death for my final semester which turned out to be not so final. Anyway, here is the summary of my year!!!

Moved to Sweden for six months
 
My humble abode. Love at first sight with my studio apartment.


Waking up in the morning to snow and always chilling out in my balcony.

Travelled to:
1) Sweden
- Lund (where I lived)
- Gothenburg
- Ystad
- Stockholm
- Helsingborg

2) Denmark

3) Norway

4) UK

5) Holland

6) Belgium

7) Iceland

8) Poland
- Warsaw
- Krakow
- Gdansk

9) Croatia
- Zagreb
- Split
- Dubrovnik

10) Slovenia
- Ljubljana

11) Czech Republic
- Prague

12) Austria
- Vienna
- Salzburg
- Hallstatt

13) Slovakia
- Bratislava

14) Hungary
- Budapest

Other 'Firsts'/Highlights this year:
- Dogsledding
- Steered a boat
- Cycled 40km
- Licked the wall of a salt mine
- Walked on a glacier
- Ate whale
- Ate rabbit
- Made a snowman
- Learnt how to cook (thanks youtube)
- Learnt how to do laundry (thanks Selin)
- Thaddy was born :)
- GOT MY DRIVING LICENSE---> 13 lessons in 4 months =$1,100
- Dyed hair pink
- Dyed hair purple x 2
- Bleached hair blonde x 3
- Dyed hair green x 2
- Learnt how to sew
- Learnt Swedish 
- First time taking six modules
- Best sem results
- Part-time job at RWS
- Nursed korkor back to health after his surgery
- KYO nights w all the retards in my life
- Didn't celebrate my "22nd on 22nd" but spent it indoors reading instead, fantastic decision
 - Cracked my iPhone twice in two months #gurlgotskills

This year was really just super intense with tons and tons of emotions running high and low. I literally never felt so happy before while I was in Sweden, other than NYC. I did so much this year and hope next year can be as fulfilling. Thankful to have friends and family by my side who always support me :)) Wishing everyone a Happy New Year! Get ready to kick some ass in 2015.


No comments:

Post a Comment