Friday, June 14, 2013

What's Happening?

Hello!

Sorry for the lack of updates on this space, had a pretty shitty time the first few months of the year- dealing with heartbreak + out of control PMS mood swings + school (lawd don't get me started) and I didn't have any fun stuff to update about. Actually let me just take a moment to talk about school. This semester was bad. I took the excel course which is notorious and I have been dreading it since the first semester ever in school. Then there was the Singapore Studies module- Govt & Politics in Singapore. I went for about 30% of the lectures and there were only like 3 tutorials (of which I did not attend one lulz). I thought I would learn alot about Singapore Politics but I was wrong. I mean if i did go for all the lectures and didn't spend 98% of the time talking to Davvy or texting I would probably learn some stuff. Then for the remaining three modules I just navigated through the rough waters trying not to drown and ditched about 50% of the classes because I felt like I was wasting my time. God was also extremely unkind to me in terms of my love life which was just like wtfwaiwatdididotodeservedis-STAAAAAHP. But at least I found humor in it so that was good. Also I have great friends both in and out of university so things weren't all that bad.

As of now, in a strange turn of events it seems that my luck has turned around! I spent the semester trying to score an internship in New York City- which amazingly I did get albeit after tremendous amounts of admin processes + interviews + other extremely annoying things (EXTREMELY. ANNOYING). I also managed to get my local internship at the very last minute. So I can take my leave of absence from Aug- Dec when I get back from USA. Otherwise I would have to do an extra semester of 2 modules which would still cost like $4,000.

I got my results for the semester back and I got all Bs!!!! Which is the first time that has ever happened in my 2 years of University. I was expecting AT LEAST 2 Cs. Was so nervous I downed the worst Sangria in New York and vomitted outside the house (what's new) (lolol).

NYC is also really expensive and I did my pre-departure expenses on excel (I can't even type this sentence without rolling my eyes- I srsly hate excel after that module) and realised I am going to be in debt until I am 30. Like, my visa alone was $434 SGD which is like- WADdafuqqinhell. Essentially I am paying to work but I felt like the experience was once in a life-time and the benefits would outweigh the costs (seriously why am I talking like a cunt) so I went ahead with it anyway. Of course I have the most supportive parents in the world who didn't even care how much but they just felt like it would be a good opportunity for me too so they said don't worry and just go but of course I would like to pay them back... e... v e n t u a l l y. Thankfully I overhead that you could use edusave to pay for some stuff and I applied to use it so it covered about a thousand dollars.

I also applied for a school scholarship which of course I didn't get because my cap is a joke. Then one day in the office I prayed for God to give me money HAHAHAAHAHHA because I take note of my daily expenses and was like wtf I live like a broke bitch and I've still spent so much (to be exact I said "Omg I'm damn poor God please send money. Thanks, Amen.) and two days later I woke up to an email that said I got the scholarship because some other applicants withdrew. MIND BLOWN. Sure, you may say that's just coincidence but to each his own.

Just to add, New York City is everything I have ever dreamt of and more. It's just amazing here. I walk the streets of Manhattan feeling like everyday is just the best day EVER and everything is just so pretty and perfect :) The downside is that sometimes I do feel scared cause it's so much unsafer than Singapore. Thank God I've only had to be alone like once. I'm so happy here I don't even feel the least bit homesick other than when my mom tells me MANY TIMES that she "misses me so much" and I get the image of her crying the day before I left and I feel so bad hahahahahaha. I miss my friends and family but not in a "omg i wish i was back home way". I really feel disconnected to everyone though despite paying ONEEEE HUNDREDDDDD DOLLARSSSSS for my phone plan so that I get to whatsapp everyone all the time. Maybe it's the time difference too.

My internship is going great. I work under two very capable workaholics. They are an African-American couple. Yesterday I attended a meeting and it was so cool cause we video-conferenced people in 3 other areas. Had lunch with the CEO after the meeting and she is such an interesting figure. Very scary though. We talked about politics and economics and I surprised myself by actually being able to hold the conversation lololololol. I have alot of respect for them especially after seeing how the clients sing such high praises of them. My work area is also really nice.

Also, my roommates are two hong kong girls and they are the cutest girls in the world. Love them so much. Sometimes before I even open the door when I'm trying to unlock it I can here Yan shouting my name HAHAHAHA. Damn funny. And I actually get super sad when i get home and they are sleeping already.

Well, that's all the updates for now. I hope everyone has been having a great summer too! :)



1 comment:

  1. keep updating pleaseeeee love you see you in 9 days heheheh

    -Charis

    ReplyDelete